Aftenro is seeking an every other weekend 4-8pm LPN treatment nurse that supports the Charge Nurse on the floor with duties such as accu checks, minor treatments, insulins, ect… that assist the charge nurse in the completion of the evening “treatment cart” duties. See general LPN job description below. Employees are able to build schedules from open block days to accommodate work/life balance.
Reports to: Director of Nursing
Supervises: Nursing Support Staff
The primary purpose of the Licenses Practical Nurse is it to utilize the nursing process in planning and providing direct care to residents as assigned. The nurse will plan, direct and carry out shift routines in assigned nursing unit.
EDUCATION: Current licensure in the State of Minnesota as a LPN.
EXPERIENCE: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Effective communicator with staff, families and outside agencies.
• Ability to prioritize duties.
• Customer service oriented with knowledge of successful customer service techniques.
• Ability to understand residents’ charts, doctor’s orders, residents’ plan of care, medication orders.
• Must posses the ability to effectively gather clinical data in regards to resident status and condition.
III. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITITES
A. Nursing Unit Functions
• Role models positive communication skills with NA/RS, TMA’s (if applicable), interdisciplinary team, customers, residents and families.
• Listen to shift report and keep open lines of communication with supervisor, co-workers and on-coming shift.
• Make rounds to residents to observe their physical and psychosocial status.
• Assign personnel appropriately to meet resident needs.
• Ensure that unit personnel and volunteers on your shift are carrying out their assignments.
B. Resident Care Functions
• Maintains competence in all required skills within the facility.
• Treats and ensures that residents are treated with respect and dignity.
• Observes, records, and reports to supervisor any changes in resident status.
• Immediately reports any suspected abuse or neglect per facility policy
• Perform nursing techniques for the comfort and well being of the resident.
• Administers prescribed medications and treatments per MD orders.
• Follows all shift routines, policy and procedures regarding monitoring of vital signs, weights, administration of medications and treatments.
• May administer professional services, such as catheterization, tube feedings, suctioning, applying/changing bandages, packs, colostomies and drainage bags. Provide range of motion exercises, care of the dying/expired resident etc.
• Makes physician calls to report resident change in condition and documents same.
• Keeps families updated on resident condition and documents same.
• Comply with acute emergency protocols and tasks involved.
• Follows all DNR/DNI/CPR/Comfort Care protocols.
C. Charting, and Documentation Functions:
• Review new admission and transfers for appropriate data gathering, assessment and documentation.
• Participate in the MDS/RAI process as determined by facility policy.
• Complete all discipline assigned data gathering and assessments required for the RAI process by the timelines specified.
• Complete appropriate discipline assigned data gathering and assessments as needed related to suspected resident change of condition.
• Participate in the development and ongoing review of the written plan of care for each resident for appropriate statement of resident problems, goals, approaches based on resident needs according to the scheduled timelines and as needed.
• Participate with the interdisciplinary team in determining the appropriate use of chemical and physical restraints/devices when necessary for the well being of the resident in accordance with facility policy.
• Completes all required documentation in an accurate and timely manner according to policies and procedures of the facility.
• Accurately transcribes physician’s orders as per facility protocol and forwards necessary information to other departments.
• Document and report all incidents, accidents that occur involving residents, visitors, and staff.
• Chart nurses’ notes in an informative and descriptive manner that reflects the care provided as well as the resident response.
D. Personnel Function
• Attend nurses meetings as scheduled.
• Maintain a clean, safe and efficient work environment.
• Maintains continuing education requirements.
• Participate in employee performance evaluations, provide input into your shifts staffing requirements, and making recommendations to the Supervisor concerning employee counseling etc.
• Participate in disciplinary action as requested by the immediate supervisor when the performance of personnel warrants such action per facility policy.
• Develop and maintain a good working relationship with inter-departmental personnel.
• Report occupational exposures to needlesticks, blood, body fluids, infectious materials, and hazardous chemicals in accordance with facility policy and procedures governing accidents and incidents.
E. Committee Functions
• Serve on, participate in and attend various committees and meetings of the facility to enhance interdisciplinary process as required
F. Physical Requirements
• Ability to endure prolonged walking, sitting, standing, use of pulling, bending, and stooping movements.
• Ability to adapt to changes in daily work hour and schedule.
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
• Must be in good general health.
Other Duties as Assigned
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar related or is an essential function of this position.