Do you love to spend time with your grandkids, but sometimes struggle with helping them express the broad range of topics and emotions we all experience such as happy, sad, frustrated, confused, or amused? Let your grandchildren know that you are open to talking about any topic. This will build their confidence, and their trust in you.
Here are 13 ideas of questions to ask your grandchildren:
- What is something that you think you are really good at? Will you show me?
- What do you think is the grossest food? What is the most delicious?
- What’s something that made you happy today? Did anything make you sad?
- What is your favorite part of your day at school?
- What is your least favorite thing about school?
- What did your mom or dad do today that made you frustrated?
- What did your mom or dad do today that made you happy?
- If you could have any superpower in the world, what would it be? Why? What would you do with your superpowers?
- What is the best present you have ever received?
- What is the funniest thing that has ever happened to you?
- If you could go anywhere or do anything today, what would it be?
- What animals do you wish could talk? Why? What do you think they would say?
- What is your favorite thing in your room right now?